NY man charged in death of man found in closet - Los Angeles News | FOX 11 LA KTTV

NY man charged in death of man found in closet

Posted: Updated:
(Suffolk County Police) (Suffolk County Police)
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

A 33-year-old man has been arrested and charged with murder in the death of an unidentified man.

Suffolk County police say they were notified that a man's body had been found in the closet of a home at 1270 Ferndale Blvd. in Central Islip at about 4:50 p.m. Monday. Aston Barth, a resident of the house, was charged with 2nd degree murder. He was to be arraigned Tuesday in Central Islip.

The medical examiner's office is performing an autopsy.

MYFOXNY/AP.

  • Long Island NewsLong Island NewsMore>>

  • ‘Swim across America’ cancer research and prevention event

    ‘Swim across America’ cancer research and prevention event

    Saturday, July 26 2014 10:56 PM EDT2014-07-27 02:56:44 GMT
    The battle against cancer hit the shores of Larchmont, New York over the weekend. Hundreds took the plunge to raise money for cancer research, prevention and treatment as Swim across America held its annual open water swim across Long Island Sound. 
    The battle against cancer hit the shores of Larchmont, New York over the weekend. Hundreds took the plunge to raise money for cancer research, prevention and treatment as Swim across America held its annual open water swim across Long Island Sound. 
  • NY man arrested on DWI charge after friend killed

    NY man arrested on DWI charge after friend killed

    Saturday, July 26 2014 5:12 PM EDT2014-07-26 21:12:09 GMT
    Police say a Long Island man struck and killed a friend after she got out of his car and started walking because she believed he was drunk.
    Police say a Long Island man struck and killed a friend after she got out of his car and started walking because she believed he was drunk.
  • Another company to give family free cruise

    Family of 5-year-old with cancer upset with cruise line

    Family of 5-year-old with cancer upset with cruise line

    Friday, July 25 2014 6:52 PM EDT2014-07-25 22:52:08 GMT
    A Long Island family is upset that a cruise line won't accommodate them after their 5-year-old son had to have emergency surgery for cancer. Nicolas Colucci and the rest of his family was supposed to go on a cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway. They did not buy travel insurance, so Norwegian says they cannot rebook the cruise so close to departure. The CEO of a rival cruise line saw their story and reached out to the Colucci family to offer them a free cruise.
    A Long Island family is upset that a cruise line won't accommodate them after their 5-year-old son had to have emergency surgery for cancer. Nicolas Colucci and the rest of his family was supposed to go on a cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway. They did not buy travel insurance, so Norwegian says they cannot rebook the cruise so close to departure. The CEO of a rival cruise line saw their story and reached out to the Colucci family to offer them a free cruise.
Powered by WorldNow

KTTV FOX 11
1999 S. Bundy Dr.
Los Angeles CA 90025

Main: (310) 584-2000
News Tips? (310) 584-2025

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices