NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -
If you are a resident of the Town of Hempstead, you can seek relief from the frigid weather at one of 15 warming centers.
"Frigid temperatures like we are experiencing now are not to be taken lightly," Town Supervisor Kate Murray said in a statement. "If residents need to get out of the cold, we encourage them to visit one of our 15 warming centers located throughout Hempstead Town."
The centers will be open from 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. on Wednesday, January 23, and Thursday, January 24, 2013.
- Baldwin Senior Center, 1810 North Grand Avenue, Baldwin
- Bellmore Senior Center, 2000 Bellmore Avenue, Bellmore
- Cedarhurst Seniors in the Park, Village Hall, 200 Cedarhurst Avenue, Cedarhurst (open until 4:30 p.m.)
- East Meadow Senior Center, 1485 Front Street, East Meadow
- Elmont Senior Center, 138 Elmont Road, Elmont
- Franklin Square Senior Center, 1182 Martha Place, Franklin Square
- Green Acres Senior Center, 400 Flower Road, Valley Stream
- Hempstead Senior Center, 260 Clinton Street, Hempstead (open on Wednesday only)
- Levittown Senior Center, 555 Newbridge Road, Levittown
- Merrick Golf Course Clubhouse, 2550 Clubhouse Road, Merrick
- Rosa Parks Senior Center, 2 Babylon Turnpike, Roosevelt
- Salisbury Senior Center, 460 Salisbury Park Drive, Westbury
- Uniondale/Hempstead Senior Center, 840 Uniondale Avenue, Uniondale
- Uniondale/Merrick Senior Center, 750 Jerusalem Avenue, Uniondale
- Wantagh Senior Center, 1150 Seamans Neck Road, Wantagh