Investigators declare Butts County fire accidental - Los Angeles News | FOX 11 LA KTTV

Investigators declare Butts County fire accidental

Posted: Updated:
ATLANTA -

An investigation has found that a house fire that killed a Butts County woman was accidental.

Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens says fire investigators determined that an electrical malfunction of the dryer started the blaze Friday afternoon.

Authorities found 52-year-old Bonnie T. Hamby dead in the home in Flovilla, about 35 miles northwest of Macon.

Hudgens said the home was completely destroyed by the fire.

 

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press

Powered by WorldNow

KTTV FOX 11
1999 S. Bundy Dr.
Los Angeles CA 90025

Main: (310) 584-2000
News Tips? (310) 584-2025

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices