Doctor testifies Judge Wade McCree has hypomania - Los Angeles News | FOX 11 LA KTTV

Doctor testifies Judge Wade McCree has hypomania

Posted: Updated:
Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Wade McCree took the stand again on Tuesday. Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Wade McCree took the stand again on Tuesday.
  • Doctor testifies Judge Wade McCree has hypomaniaMore>>

McCree's misconduct hearing ends with closing arguments

Wednesday, May 29 2013 9:29 PM EDT2013-05-30 01:29:27 GMT
    Closing arguments brought an end to a hearing for suspended Wayne County Judge Wade McCree. The embattled judge is accused of misconduct after admitting he oversaw a child support case involving his mistress.

Let It Rip: Mott on McCree & Scouts lift ban on openly gay boys

Friday, May 24 2013 12:01 AM EDT2013-05-24 04:01:33 GMT
    Geniene La'Shay Mott joined us to talk about her relationship with Judge Wade McCree. Plus, our panelists discussed the Boy Scouts' vote to allow openly gay boys into the program.

The strange testimony of Judge Wade McCree

Thursday, May 23 2013 8:57 AM EDT2013-05-23 12:57:56 GMT
    Mott "surprised me and thrilled me. ... I lusted after that woman. I'm in my middle 50s and she's a double dozen years my junior," McCree, 56, said.

Woman testifies she had sex numerous times with Judge McCree

Monday, May 20 2013 9:54 PM EDT2013-05-21 01:54:16 GMT
    He once said there was no shame in his game, but now Wayne County Circuit Judge Wade McCree is fighting to save his job and his career. Monday, the woman who was once his mistress testified about their numerous sexual encounters.
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (WJBK) -

Wayne County Judge Wade McCree is fighting to save his job in the wake of a sex scandal. Not only is he facing a judicial disciplinary hearing, his physician revealed in court on Tuesday he is suffering from hypomania.

At times, McCree was a veritable mannequin during the hearing Tuesday compared to last week's effervescent testimony. It was a veritable potpourri of yeses, nos, that's correct and I can't recall all the while staring at an imaginary spot on the carpet like it was a gravy stain.

On at least two occasions, McCree began splitting legal hairs.

"You are now calling other judges on behalf of your mistress? Am I not correct?" he was asked.

"You are not correct," McCree said.

"Calling on your own behalf, Mr. McCree?" he was asked.

"No. I called the judge's clerk. I didn't call the judge," McCree said.

"You called the judge's clerks, did you not?" he was asked.

"Yes. That I did," McCree said.

The judge was also asked, "You wanted to break up with her in June-July?"

"I didn't say June," McCree said.

"July, August, September and October, correct?" he was asked.

"Yes," McCree said.

Now the judge's lover, Ms. Mott, must have been watching the live stream on myFOXDetroit.com because she texted me her appraisal of McCree's performance. She said, "Your fav judge has taken the witness stand either high or sedated."

Then, just like that, the judge lost sight of the gravy stain and started freelancing.

"I couldn't afford to put her up. She asked me to put her up in one of those Residence Inn hotels where you get the kitchen and the living quarters. I said, 'I don't have money like that,'" McCree said.

"It would be a much more graduated influx into the amplitude of her emotional sign curve," the judge remarked at another point.

"So you do want to have sex with her?" he was also asked.

"Yeah, it would be fine with me," McCree said.

Earlier in the day, McCree's personal doctor, David Jacobi, blamed his behavior on hypomania, an impulse control disorder. He said he learned about it when we did.

"When I heard Wade McCree report to have said... 'no shame in my game,' it suggested to me a loss of the normal control that people who are judges normally have," Jacobi testified.

McCree's testimony will continue Wednesday morning.

• Charlie LeDuffCharlie LeDuffMore>>

The Americans with Charlie LeDuff: A righteous voice from the Ferguson chaos

Wednesday, August 20 2014 9:21 PM EDT2014-08-21 01:21:50 GMT
    Charlie heads to the frontlines of Ferguson and finds a voice of reason and bravery against impossible odds.

Court: Ex-judge Wade McCree immune from civil suit

Tuesday, July 22 2014 2:04 PM EDT2014-07-22 18:04:29 GMT
    The infamous selfie taken by Judge Wade mcCree. The infamous selfie taken by Judge Wade mcCree.
    A federal appeals court has upheld a lower court's ruling that a disgraced Detroit judge cannot be sued by a defendant in a child support case he presided over.

LeDuff: Where is the respect for the real hosts of the Super Bowl?

Super Bowl XLVIII is in New York.  Well, not exactly.  The Super Bowl's host city is actually East Rutherford, N.J.  Sometimes it's hard to get respect in America if you're not from places like NYC or LA.
    Super Bowl XLVIII is in New York.  Well, not exactly.  The Super Bowl's host city is actually East Rutherford, N.J.  Sometimes it's hard to get respect in America if you're not from places like Los Angeles., Washington, D.C. or New York.  If you live in New Jersey, you're in the shadow of the Big Apple.
Powered by WorldNow

KTTV FOX 11
1999 S. Bundy Dr.
Los Angeles CA 90025

Main: (310) 584-2000
News Tips? (310) 584-2025

Didn't find what you were looking for?
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices