'Stronger than the Storm' ad campaign - Los Angeles News | FOX 11 LA KTTV

Superstorm Sandy

'Stronger than the Storm' ad campaign

Posted: Updated:
NEW JERSEY (MYFOXNY.COM) -

More than 70 percent of New Jersey residents have seen or heard the state's "Stronger than the Storm" advertising campaign, according to a new Rutgers-Eagleton poll. It also found the campaign appears to be making some difference in encouraging summer tourism.

The song in those commercials is definitely hard to forget for many people. It's a catchy campaign, taking over the air and radio waves in New Jersey and the tri-state area.

The unforgettable "Stronger than the Storm" ads started running before Memorial Day. The goal is to let people know that despite Hurricane Sandy, the Jersey Shore is open for business this summer

Ken Musto, creative director at Brushfire Marketing Communications in Cedar Knolls, N.J., said he and a colleague came up with the slogan while grabbing a bite to eat and scribbled it down on a napkin at the restaurant.

CEO John Leonardi said the team had five days to come up with an ad proposal, then once they won the contract, only about three and a half weeks to execute the entire campaign, including radio and TV spots, billboards, and digital. A project like that would typically take four to six months, he said.

Musto said a big part of helping to get the message out there was writing the anthem, which became that catchy song that many people now can't get out of their heads. They came up with the lyrics and had a composer write the music.

The company is thrilled with the campaign's success and the opportunity to help their home state.

But some have criticized Gov. Chris Christie for appearing in these taxpayer funded ads during his re-election campaign.

Brushfire's Leonardi said it was the company's idea to have him and his family in the ads because Christie played such a huge role during Sandy.

The ads run through Labor Day.

  • New Jersey NewsNew Jersey NewsMore>>

  • New Jersey detective acquitted in Maryland highway shooting

    NJ detective acquitted in Md. highway shooting

    Thursday, July 31 2014 5:20 PM EDT2014-07-31 21:20:31 GMT
    A jury has found a New Jersey detective not guilty in the slaying of a driver during an alleged road-rage incident. Joseph Walker, 41, an investigator for the Hudson County, New Jersey, prosecutor's office, was found not guilty on all counts on Wednesday in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court. He had been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Joseph Harvey, 36, of Landsdowne.
    A jury has found a New Jersey detective not guilty in the slaying of a driver during an alleged road-rage incident. Joseph Walker, 41, an investigator for the Hudson County, New Jersey, prosecutor's office, was found not guilty on all counts on Wednesday in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court. He had been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Joseph Harvey, 36, of Landsdowne.
  • Man charged for the overdose death of Hillsborough resident on Christmas Eve

    Man charged for the overdose death of Hillsborough resident on Christmas Eve

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:38 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:38:39 GMT

    A Bridgewater man has been charged with the death of a 22-year-old Hillsborough resident who overdosed on Heroin Christmas Eve morning, according to nj.com.

    A Bridgewater man has been charged with the death of a 22-year-old Hillsborough resident who overdosed on Heroin Christmas Eve morning, according to nj.com.

  • East Hanover man admits exposing himself to child

    East Hanover man admits exposing himself to child

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:34 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:34:55 GMT
    An East Hanover man previously convicted of child endangerment pleaded guilty Wednesday to exposing himself to another child on several occasions when she was between the ages of 4 and 6. Kenneth Lull, 48, who has been in jail since 2008, received a three-year suspended sentence under the plea agreement, according to NJ.com.
    An East Hanover man previously convicted of child endangerment pleaded guilty Wednesday to exposing himself to another child on several occasions when she was between the ages of 4 and 6. Kenneth Lull, 48, who has been in jail since 2008, received a three-year suspended sentence under the plea agreement, according to NJ.com.
Powered by WorldNow

KTTV FOX 11
1999 S. Bundy Dr.
Los Angeles CA 90025

Main: (310) 584-2000
News Tips? (310) 584-2025

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices