Search for missing Brooklyn boy - Los Angeles News | FOX 11 LA KTTV

Search for missing Brooklyn boy

Posted: Updated:
Shawn Martinez, 12, of Brooklyn has been missing since July 4. Shawn Martinez, 12, of Brooklyn has been missing since July 4.
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

A 12-year-old boy from Brooklyn is missing.

Shawn Martinez was last seen in the area of Wortman Ave. on July 4.

The NYPD says Shawn is an endangered child who is missing under unknown circumstances.

He was wearing blue jeans, black shoes and a black T-shirt with "Black Ops Call Of Duty" written on it.

Shawn is described by police as White or Hispanic, 5'5" tall and approximately 120 lbs. He has brown eyes and black hair.

If you know the whereabouts of Shawn Martinez, you're asked to contact the NYPD at 212-694-7781 or call 911.

  • Brooklyn NewsBrooklyn NewsMore>>

  • Polluted Gowanus Canal doesn't scare away neighborhood development

    Polluted Gowanus Canal doesn't scare away neighborhood development

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 8:57 AM EDT2014-07-22 12:57:02 GMT
    Every day, those who live and work in the Gowanus section of Brooklyn drive and bike and walk across their canal, growing a little more accustomed to but no less disgusted by its scent and appearance. Once the busiest canal in the United States, the Gowanus now bears the distinction as perhaps the most polluted body of water in the nation. No one knows exactly how polluted because few have summoned enough courage to dive into its murky depths to investigate.
    Every day, those who live and work in the Gowanus section of Brooklyn drive and bike and walk across their canal, growing a little more accustomed to but no less disgusted by its scent and appearance. Once the busiest canal in the United States, the Gowanus now bears the distinction as perhaps the most polluted body of water in the nation. No one knows exactly how polluted because few have summoned enough courage to dive into its murky depths to investigate.
  • reBar wedding venue owner gets 10-year sentence

    reBar wedding venue owner gets 10-year sentence

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 6:19 AM EDT2014-07-22 10:19:21 GMT
    The owner of a popular Brooklyn restaurant that closed abruptly and left dozen of couples without a wedding venue has been sentenced to up to 10 years in prison. Jason Stevens pleaded guilty last month to grand larceny and criminal tax fraud charges. He closed his restaurant, reBar, without warning in May.
    The owner of a popular Brooklyn restaurant that closed abruptly and left dozen of couples without a wedding venue has been sentenced to up to 10 years in prison. Jason Stevens pleaded guilty last month to grand larceny and criminal tax fraud charges. He closed his restaurant, reBar, without warning in May.
  • Protesters want NYPD Commissioner Bratton fired

    Protesters want NYPD Commissioner Bratton fired

    Monday, July 21 2014 6:48 PM EDT2014-07-21 22:48:52 GMT
    A group of demonstrators is calling for the resignation of New York City Police Commissioner William Bratton. The group, known as "New Yorkers Against Bratton," held a small protest Monday outside City Hall. Protesters said Bratton needs to be fired after the death of a Staten Island man in police custody.
    A group of demonstrators is calling for the resignation of New York City Police Commissioner William Bratton. The group, known as "New Yorkers Against Bratton," held a small protest Monday outside City Hall. Protesters said Bratton needs to be fired after the death of a Staten Island man in police custody.
Powered by WorldNow

KTTV FOX 11
1999 S. Bundy Dr.
Los Angeles CA 90025

Main: (310) 584-2000
News Tips? (310) 584-2025

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices