Just Baked Expands Sweet Offerings with Just Topped
From the owner who brought you Just Baked cupcake shop and bakery, comes Just Topped ice cream shoppe.
Just Topped features all homemade toppings prepared by Just Baked such as four varieties of hot toppings (milk, dark, caramel and peanut butter) and 15 dry toppings including granola, brownie bits, cookie crumbles, cake pieces, samoa and shortbread. Just Baked has teamed up with Royal Oak-based Ray's Ice Cream to develop exclusive ice cream flavors for Just Topped such as red velvet, birthday cake and cookies and cream and white chocolate raspberry, as well as traditional vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and butter pecan.
Launching first at Just Baked's Detroit location (719 Griswold in the Chrysler House) on June 17th, Just Topped will roll out to additional locations in Canton, Macomb Township, Southgate and Troy. Other stores, including Ann Arbor, Grosse Pointe, West Bloomfield and Royal Oak, will add Just Topped to its menus later this summer.
Here is the recipe featured on FOX 2 News Morning.
JUST TOPPED -- ICE CREAM CUPCAKE CAKE
1. Take a round springform pan. Any size will work. 8 inch round preferred.
2. Spray the pan with non stick pan spray. Bottom and sides.
3. Take out a half gallon of your favorite ice cream. Set aside to let ice cream soften.
4. Take 5 - 6 cupcakes. Peel off the paper and cut them horizontally leaving a set of bottoms and a set of tops.
5. Take softened ice cream and fill springform pan about 2/3's of the way to the top. Gently place cupcake bottoms into the softened ice cream around the pan. They should be almost flush with the ice cream.
6. Take the cupcake tops and place over the spots where the cupcake bottoms are located.
7. Grab your favorite toppings and "flood the entire cake letting them run between the cupcakes.
8. If you want add any other toppings like coconut, cookie crumbs, M & M's also.
9. place back in your freezer for 3 - 4 hours to let cake set.
10. Right before serving, take a knife and run under warm water. Run along the inside edge of springform pan. Open pan and Serve immediately.