Prosecutor: No assault charges against Andy Dillon - Los Angeles News | FOX 11 LA KTTV

Prosecutor: No assault charges against Andy Dillon

Posted: Updated:
Andy Dillon Andy Dillon
Carol Dillon Carol Dillon
REDFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WJBK) -

No charges will be filed against State Treasurer Andy Dillon, accused of assaulting his ex-wife.

Carol Dillon said she was assaulted at her home in Redford Township July 13 while Dillon was drunk. Dillon denied the charges and the Wayne County Prosecutor's office said there was insufficient evidence to take the case to court. Last month a judge issued a restraining order against both Andy and Carol Dillon saying the pair cannot have contact with each other unless it involves their child.

And in another twist, Dillon's ex-wife has agreed to drop a one-year personal protection order against a Detroit reporter.  Carol Dillon obtained the order in January from a Wayne County judge without a court hearing.

She had accused Leonard Fleming of The Detroit News of making violent threats and sending sexually explicit photos of himself. Fleming's attorney, Deanna Kelley, says the allegations were untrue.

Kelley says Dillon dropped the personal protection order after Fleming was prepared to go to a judge with text message evidence of threats by Dillon. Dillon says she agreed to end the protection order because Kelley claimed it was affecting Fleming's job. 

A judge extinguished the order several weeks later. Kelley says Fleming and Dillon once had a relationship.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Porch shooter Theodore Wafer back in court for 3rd day of trial

    Porch shooter Theodore Wafer back in court for 3rd day of trial

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:34 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:34:31 GMT
    The trial of a Detroit-area man who killed a young unarmed woman on his porch is entering its first full week of testimony.
    The trial of a Detroit-area man who killed a young unarmed woman on his porch is entering its first full week of testimony.
  • Parents of child held in basement appearing in court

    Parents of child held in basement appearing in court

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:30 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:30:40 GMT
    DETROIT -- The father and stepmother of a 12-year-old Detroit boy who was found in his basement after an 11-day disappearance are due back in court.
    DETROIT -- The father and stepmother of a 12-year-old Detroit boy who was found in his basement after an 11-day disappearance are due back in court.
  • Power outage numbers across southeast Michigan

    Power outage numbers across southeast Michigan

    Monday, July 28 2014 10:01 AM EDT2014-07-28 14:01:04 GMT
    As of 6 a.m., approximately 165,000 DTE Energy customers are out of electric service due to the high winds and lightning that hit southeast Michigan Sunday afternoon. DTE has restored power to 21,000 customers that were affected by the storm, which included wind gusts of up to 70 m.p.h. in the DTE service area.
    As of 6 a.m., approximately 165,000 DTE Energy customers are out of electric service due to the high winds and lightning that hit southeast Michigan Sunday afternoon. DTE has restored power to 21,000 customers that were affected by the storm, which included wind gusts of up to 70 m.p.h. in the DTE service area.
Powered by WorldNow

KTTV FOX 11
1999 S. Bundy Dr.
Los Angeles CA 90025

Main: (310) 584-2000
News Tips? (310) 584-2025

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices