Food Safety Auditor (City of Chicago)
Aramark, a leader in the foodservice industry, is looking for an entry level food safety auditor. The primary responsibilities of this position are to conduct food safety related audits for University of Chicago Dining Services .The audits conducted by this role will be general food safety, which includes but is not limited to ensuring that staff and associates practice good personal hygiene, maintain time and temperature control, prevent cross contamination and sanitation. This role will also be responsible for ensuring that proper documentation in being recorded according to Aramark's standards.
1. Assure consistency and accuracy in all audits and audit reports.
2. Maintain confidentiality about all aspects of work and adhere to all procedures established by Aramark.
3. Follow and adhere with all required protocols and procedures.
4. Conduct audits such as those related to Food safety systems.
5. Maintain applicable professional development required for audit proficiency
6. Communicates verbally to management on the level of food safety existing at the facility
* Prepares a written report for management, recapping all issues of observations and, if needed, corrective actions that should be taken.
Auditors will be responsible for conducting food and safety audits in a variety of food service establishments and related environments. The Auditor will report directly to the Director of Safety and Sanitation and schedules are coordinated with this person. We are specifically seeking candidates with an education in food science or professional work experience related to food safety and quality management systems. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated to help grow the food safety program and should possess outstanding organizational and leadership skills. Strong computer and interpersonal skills are critical to be successful as an auditor.
Location: City of Chicago
Compensation: Hourly ($15.00-$17.00/hour)