Tech firm CEO says no personnel issues with Aaron Alexis - Los Angeles Local News | FOX 11 LA KTTV

Tech firm CEO says no personnel issues with Aaron Alexis

Posted: Updated:
  • Continuing Coverage of the Navy Yard ShootingMore>>

  • Report: Pentagon must focus on insider threat

    Report: Pentagon must focus on insider threat

    Tuesday, March 18 2014 7:44 PM EDT2014-03-18 23:44:02 GMT
    Threats to Defense Department personnel and facilities increasingly are coming from trusted insiders, and to defeat them the Pentagon must beef up security from within, according to several reviews triggered by last year's Washington Navy Yard killings.
    Threats to Defense Department personnel and facilities increasingly are coming from trusted insiders, and to defeat them the Pentagon must beef up security from within, according to several reviews triggered by last year's Washington Navy Yard killings.
  • Community helps family of Navy Yard shooting victim by taking on home repair projects

    Community helps family of Navy Yard shooting victim by taking on home repair projects

    Wednesday, March 5 2014 9:28 AM EST2014-03-05 14:28:44 GMT
    A bittersweet gift is being given to the family of a Navy veteran killed during the Navy Yard shooting. A community effort is underway to help the family of Martin Bodrog, who was the first victim of the rampage back in September.
    A bittersweet gift is being given to the family of a Navy veteran killed during the Navy Yard shooting. A community effort is underway to help the family of Martin Bodrog, who was the first victim of the rampage back in September.
  • Navy Yard building where gunman killed 12 to be renamed

    Navy Yard building where gunman killed 12 to be renamed

    Wednesday, February 5 2014 2:33 PM EST2014-02-05 19:33:46 GMT
    Officials are renaming the Washington Navy Yard building where a gunman fatally shot 12 people in September before he was killed by police.
    Officials are renaming the Washington Navy Yard building where a gunman fatally shot 12 people in September before he was killed by police.
WASHINGTON -

The CEO of an IT-consulting company where Aaron Alexis once worked says the suspected gunman in the Washington Navy Yard massacre had "no personnel issues" he was aware of.

Thomas Hoshko of The Experts, a Florida-based company that contracts with the U.S. military, also says a background check of Alexis as recently as July revealed no criminal history.

Authorities believe the 34-year-old Alexis, a former Navy reservist and information technology employee with a defense contractor, fatally shot 12 people at the Navy Yard on Monday before being killed by police.

He was arrested in connection with shootings in 2004 and 2010 in Texas and Seattle but wasn't charged.

By JACK GILLUM and ERIC TUCKER Associated Press

Powered by WorldNow

KTTV FOX 11
1999 S. Bundy Dr.
Los Angeles CA 90025

Main: (310) 584-2000
News Tips? (310) 584-2025

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices