APACHE JUNCTION, Ariz. (AP) - A woman is dead after a fire at a home in Apache Junction and authorities say smoking materials may have sparked the blaze.
City fire officials say Friday morning's fire appeared to have started in a bedroom of a home the 35-year-old woman shared with her fiance.
Investigators are treating it as an accidental fire.
Firefighters found the woman in the kitchen and immediately began treating her for severe smoke inhalation.
She later died at a hospital. Her name hasn't been released yet.
The woman's fiance was away at work when the fire broke out. He told authorities that she often smoked in bed.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
KTTV FOX 111999 S. Bundy Dr.Los Angeles CA 90025Main: (310) 584-2000News Tips? (310) 584-2025