The final report from the Canadian coroner on the death of Glee star Cory Monteith has disturbing details about the death scene.
The actor was found dead in his Vancouver hotel room last July 13th after failing to check out on time.
The Coroner's report states that drug paraphernalia was found in the hotel room, including "a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle." There were also two empty champagne bottles.
The report confirmed that Monteigh died of a cocktail of intoxicants that included "intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol."
Montieth had a history of drug abuse, but had completed a rehab program in the Spring. The report noted that:"If someone has abstained from using opioids (which include heroin) for a period of time, tolerance may be lessened."
The October 10th episode of Glee will include a tribute to Monteith, and his character, Finn Hudson.