Suspects arrested for terrorizing Coney Island - Los Angeles News | FOX 11 LA KTTV

Suspects arrested for terrorizing Coney Island over missing cell phone

Posted: Updated:
DETROIT, Mich. (WJBK) -

It all started over a missing cell phone.

Now, two men are in police custody believed to have robbed a Deluxe Coney customer, terrorized employees by waving a weapon in their faces and threatened to "shoot up" the restaurant.

The restaurant's owner says two men came into the restaurant early Thursday morning and demanded to get a cell phone back. Employees told the men they could not get in to the lost and found area to retrieve the phone. The owner says then one of the men pulled out an AK-47 assault rifle and waved it in an employee's face, demanding to see surveillance video.

Eventually the two men agreed they would return later to get the phone, but allegedly told employees if they did not get their phone back by the end of the day they would come back and "shoot up" the place.

The two men began to leave the restaurant but, on the way out, allegedly stole $250 from a customer.

As promised, the two suspects returned to the restaurant later, and now the owner was in the building.

The owner went back to check the surveillance video and, while doing so, called detectives to tell them the two men had returned to his restaurant. Police officers came to the restaurant minutes later and arrested the two suspects.

Officers examined the surveillance video from earlier in the morning, from the suspects' first visit on Thursday, and believe they have the right men in custody. The two suspects did not return with a weapon.

The owner says his employees are shaken up, but he is also very thankful no one was hurt and that police responded so quickly.

  • Download the FOX 2 Apps


  • FOX 2 News Five-Day Forecast
  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Judge rules Warren Evans can stay on the ballot

    Judge rules Warren Evans can stay on the ballot

    Friday, July 25 2014 3:33 PM EDT2014-07-25 19:33:03 GMT
    A judge ruled Friday Warren Evans will stay on the August primary ballot for Wayne County Executive.
    A judge ruled Friday Warren Evans will stay on the August primary ballot for Wayne County Executive.
  • Teenager's body discovered in wooded area in Armada

    Teenager's body discovered in wooded area in Armada

    Friday, July 25 2014 3:31 PM EDT2014-07-25 19:31:46 GMT
    LIVE PRESS CONFERENCE AT 230P: Police in Armad Township tell Fox 2's Roop Raj that the body of a 14-year-old female teen has been found in a wooded area near a recreational trail in the Macomb County village of Armada.
    LIVE PRESS CONFERENCE AT 230P: Police in Armad Township tell Fox 2's Roop Raj that the body of a 14-year-old female teen has been found in a wooded area near a recreational trail in the Macomb County village of Armada.
  • Death of Armada teen, April Millsap, ruled a homicide

    Death of Armada teen, April Millsap, ruled a homicide

    Friday, July 25 2014 3:24 PM EDT2014-07-25 19:24:09 GMT
    14-year-old April Millsap of Armada, Michigan14-year-old April Millsap of Armada, Michigan
    Police say the body of 14-year-old girl, April Millsap, has been found in a wooded area near a recreational trail in the Macomb County village of Armada. Police say her death has been ruled a homicide.
    Police say the body of 14-year-old girl, April Millsap, has been found in a wooded area near a recreational trail in the Macomb County village of Armada. Police say her death has been ruled a homicide.
Powered by WorldNow

KTTV FOX 11
1999 S. Bundy Dr.
Los Angeles CA 90025

Main: (310) 584-2000
News Tips? (310) 584-2025

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices