Boy Flies To Vegas Without Ticket - Los Angeles News | FOX 11 LA KTTV

Boy Flies To Vegas Without Ticket

Posted: Updated:

Delta Airlines are reviewing its procedures after a nine year-old boy was able to board an airplane in Minneapolis last Thursday alone and without a ticket.

Halfway to Vegas, the crew realized the boy wasn't on their list of minors, and that's when the crew notified authorities, and the Las Vegas police met the nine year-old at the gate.

"We commend the flight crew of flight 1651, whose vigilance and awareness of the cabin led them to proactively alert authorities to the situation prior to the aircraft landing in Las Vegas." a Delta spokesperson said.

Airport officials say the nine year-old made two trips to the terminal last week.

The first time was last Wednesday, when he took a stranger's suitcase from baggage, had an airport lunch, and then failed to pay the check. He was apparently the talk of the restaurant.

The next day was a second trip.

After riding the air train in, the boy was screened at the TSA, in Delta's concourse "C" and snuck onto an 11:15p.m departure to Las Vegas.

Authorities are now reviewing surveillance tape which is said to show the boy as he takes advantage of a distracted gate agent, hopping onto the delta flight all without a boarding pass.

We're still not sure why the boy did it, but we're told his parents are cooperating with the investigation.

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • All Bets Off As AC's Revel Hotel Casino Shuts Down

    All Bets Off As AC's Revel Hotel Casino Shuts Down

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 6:41 AM EDT2014-09-02 10:41:14 GMT

    Atlantic City's Revel Hotel and Casino has officially closed its doors Tuesday morning, a little more than two years after opening and following months of financial struggles.

    Atlantic City's Revel Hotel and Casino has officially closed its doors Tuesday morning, a little more than two years after opening and following months of financial struggles.

  • 1 Person Killed in Bethel Township Accident

    1 Person Killed in Bethel Township Accident

    Monday, September 1 2014 10:03 PM EDT2014-09-02 02:03:33 GMT
    1 person was killed in an accident in Bethel Township, Delaware County on Monday evening.Initial reports indicate that a vehicle may have hit a tree and overturned. It happened on the 3300 block of Foulk Road around 8:30pm.Foulk Road was closed for several hours while police investigated the crash scene.Stay with Fox 29 News for updates.
    1 person was killed in an accident in Bethel Township, Delaware County on Monday evening.Initial reports indicate that a vehicle may have hit a tree and overturned. It happened on the 3300 block of Foulk Road around 8:30pm.Foulk Road was closed for several hours while police investigated the crash scene.Stay with Fox 29 News for updates.
  • Council Rock South Mourns The Loss Of Three Classmates

    Council Rock South Mourns The Loss Of Three Classmates

    Monday, September 1 2014 5:23 PM EDT2014-09-01 21:23:09 GMT
    Three boys from Council Rock South High School died over the weekend when their SUV overturned.
    Three boys from Council Rock South High School died over the weekend when their SUV overturned.
Powered by WorldNow

KTTV FOX 11
1999 S. Bundy Dr.
Los Angeles CA 90025

Main: (310) 584-2000
News Tips? (310) 584-2025

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices