Student helps extinguish flames on classmate - Los Angeles Local News | FOX 11 LA KTTV

Student helps extinguish flames on classmate

Posted: Updated:
DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ga. -

A student who helped extinguish a classmate who caught on fire is speaking about the event.

The accident happened when a science experiment at Douglasville High School went horribly wrong.

A girl standing nearby caught fire, so Will Wheeler and a teacher jumped in to help.

"I remember hearing a bang, turning and looking and seeing her hit the ground on fire," Wheeler said.  "I froze up for a little bit and then I just ran into the room to get the fire blanket and then I threw it on her and that's really all I remember."

The female student was transported to the hospital with burns covering approximately 25 percent of her upper body. Doctors expect her to make a full recovery.

Powered by WorldNow

KTTV FOX 11
1999 S. Bundy Dr.
Los Angeles CA 90025

Main: (310) 584-2000
News Tips? (310) 584-2025

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices