Ryan Seacrest to Continue Hosting New Year's Rockin' Eve - Los Angeles News | FOX 11 LA KTTV

Ryan Seacrest to Continue Hosting New Year's Rockin' Eve

Posted: Updated:

SANTA MONICA (CNS/KTTV) - Ryan Seacrest will continue to produce and host "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve" under a "multi-year" contract extension announced today.

Seacrest began co-hosting the show with Clark in 2005, but he took over full-time hosting duties last year following Clark's death.

"I think I will forever be both sentimental and grateful about my experiences with `Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve,"' Seacrest said, thanking Dick Clark Productions' CEO Allen Shapiro for continuing their partnership.

"I'm humbled by their continued faith, and excited to work together to create new traditions and fun moments on the show that only live television can deliver," he said.

The show will continue to be aired on ABC. The exact length of the contract extension with Seacrest was not announced.

"Ryan and I started this partnership together in 2005," Shapiro said. "He has been a key factor in the extended and expanded success of the show.

It's very difficult to take over a franchise created by an icon and grow it. Ryan has done just that."

  • Los Angeles & SoCal NewsLos Angeles & SoCal NewsMore>>

  • US officials: Video shows American's beheading

    US officials: Video shows American's beheading

    Wednesday, August 20 2014 1:04 AM EDT2014-08-20 05:04:32 GMT
    The Obama administration says it has not confirmed the authenticity of a video that purports to show the killing of an American journalist by Islamic State militants.
    A grisly video released Tuesday shows Islamic State militants beheading American journalist James Foley, U.S. officials said, in what the extremists called retribution for recent U.S. airstrikes in Iraq. The militants...
  • American killed in Syria a journalist at heart

    American killed in Syria a journalist at heart

    Wednesday, August 20 2014 12:04 AM EDT2014-08-20 04:04:37 GMT
    Journalist James Foley, captured and held six weeks while covering the uprising in Libya, knew the risks when he went to Syria in 2012 to cover the escalating violence there. It didn't matter. He was a...
    Journalist James Foley, captured and held six weeks while covering the uprising in Libya, knew the risks when he went to Syria in 2012 to cover the escalating violence there. It didn't matter. He was a journalist at...
  • Fullerton: Man in Wheelchair Struck & Killed By Hit-and-Run Driver

    Fullerton: Man in Wheelchair Struck & Killed By Hit-and-Run Driver

    Tuesday, August 19 2014 11:28 PM EDT2014-08-20 03:28:02 GMT
    People knew him by the first name, Mark. Most of those who live or work in the Fullerton neighborhood around Orangethorpe and Vine avenues described him as a nice homeless man, older, a hard drinker, who got around in a wheelchair.
    People knew him by the first name, Mark. Most of those who live or work in the Fullerton neighborhood around Orangethorpe and Vine avenues described him as a nice homeless man, older, a hard drinker, who got around in a wheelchair.
Powered by WorldNow

KTTV FOX 11
1999 S. Bundy Dr.
Los Angeles CA 90025

Main: (310) 584-2000
News Tips? (310) 584-2025

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices