Sylvan Hills Middle School has been cleared for students and staff to return to their building on Friday morning.
Students were relocated to another school due to a malfunctioning heating system on Thursday morning.
According to a release from Atlanta Public Schools, the students were moved to Kennedy Middle School as a precaution after the smell of gas began to permeate the building. Initially, authorities thought the smell may have been a gas leak but Atlanta Gas Light and the Atlanta Fire Department were unable to find a gas leak, in the building.
No one was injured during this incident. And all students and staff are safe and accounted for.
Students and staff will return to their building to resume normal operations on Friday morning.