If you wanted inside scoop on the plotline for "The Americans" you won't be getting it from Costa Ronin. No surprise, a KGB agent on the show isn't saying. Ronin says we'll have to watch the remaining season, he isn't giving up secrets!
Ronin is a season two add to the hit series on FX. It stars Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys as 1980's undercover KGB agents living in Washington D.C. Ronin, who grew up in Russia, says the storyline is very real due to research by the team behind the show. One of its creators is former CIA officer Joe Weisberg.
Ronin's only been in Los Angeles for a few years. He cut his acting teeth in Australia, appearing in Red Dog, Australia's highest grossing film. At 6'4" Ronin seems to embrace the L.A. lifestyle. He rides a motorcycle, hits the hiking trails and loves our sunsets. Ronin stopped by Studio11LA and seemed to get a kick out of filling out my "Fun L.A. Facts" questionnaire. Leave it to this reporter to get a "KGB agent" talking!
L.A. Q&A with "The Americans" on FX actor Costa Ronin:
- Pinkberry or Pink's Dogs? PINKBERRY
- Runyan Canyon or running on the beach? RUNYON CANYON (He's a hiker and loves a healthy fit lifestyle)
- Santa Barbara getaway or San Diego? BOTH ("I love the zoo in San Diego and love the nature around Santa Barbara")
- The California Pizza Kitchen or Crustacean? MOM'S COOKING
- Glee or American Idol? AMERICAN IDOL
- Malibu or Beverly Hills? MALIBU (he learned to sail at five years old)
- Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram? INSTAGRAM (hhmm, his Instagram name is ‘Lifesmirror', and its private!)
- The Dodgers, Lakers, Kings, or Clippers? KINGS
- Melrose or Neiman Marcus? MELROSE
- Television, Netflix or DVR? NETFLIX
- Los Angeles Times or The LA Weekly? THE LA WEEKLY
- Disneyland or the Disney Concert Hall? DISNEY CONCERT HALL
- Hollywood or the Hollywood Bowl? HOLLYWOOD BOWL
- The Sunset Strip or The Vegas Strip? SUNSET STRIP
- King Taco, Titos Tacos, or The Kogi Truck? KING TACO
- In ‘N Out Burger, Original Tommys, The Counter, or Umami Burger? IN ‘N OUT (Animal Style)
- Vegas or Cabo? CABO (in fact, he loves to travel the world)
You can follow Costa on Twitter: @costaronin