1-Year-Old Rushed To Emergency Room After Drinking E-Cigarette F - Los Angeles News | FOX 11 LA KTTV

1-Year-Old Rushed To Emergency Room After Drinking E-Cigarette Fluid

Posted: Updated:

YORK, PA- A one-year-old in York, Pennsylvania was taken to the emergency room on Monday, after his parents say he drank fluid that's used in e-cigarettes.

The boy's parents say they called 911 immediately after talking to poison control.

Doctors apparently told that boy's parents that he was better off drinking bleach or Lysol than liquid nicotine.

Each bottle going into e-cigarette vapors has enough nicotine to equal five packs of cigarettes.

"Nicotine in a extreme form is used as a pesticide, it's not something that is child safe," said Dave Norris of Blue Door Vapor.

"The liquid comes in a bottle with a child proof cap, the batteries have a shut off so that you can shut it off, so if a child were to pick it up, a child wouldn't be able to use it," added Norris.

State police spoke with the boy's family.

They did not file charges, and are calling it accident.

But the boy's mother says after this, they plan to cut out all forms of nicotine in the house.

  • Spotlight StoriesMore>>

  • Major League Baseball Players Give Back

    Major League Baseball Players Give Back

    Monday, July 28 2014 3:25 PM EDT2014-07-28 19:25:26 GMT
    From the baseball diamond to the hearts of the needy, Major League Baseball players are giving time and money to help victims of natural disasters across the globe.
    From the baseball diamond to the hearts of the needy, Major League Baseball players are giving time and money to help victims of natural disasters across the globe.
  • VIDEO: Iceberg Collapses Near Boat

    VIDEO: Iceberg Collapses Near Boat

    Monday, July 28 2014 12:34 PM EDT2014-07-28 16:34:34 GMT
    A couple boating in Newfoundland, Canada was faced with a chilling moment when an iceberg collapsed in front of them.
    A couple boating in Newfoundland, Canada was faced with a chilling moment when an iceberg collapsed in front of them.
  • Man Mistakenly Posts Naked Photo To Advertise Home Sale

    Man Mistakenly Posts Naked Photo To Advertise Home Sale

    Monday, July 28 2014 12:33 PM EDT2014-07-28 16:33:56 GMT
    A Texas man hoping to sell his home made a big mistake while posting an image of his home online. The  home in Austin Texas has five bedrooms, and costs $389,500.
    A Texas man hoping to sell his home made a big mistake while posting an image of his home online. The  home in Austin Texas has five bedrooms, and costs $389,500.
Powered by WorldNow

KTTV FOX 11
1999 S. Bundy Dr.
Los Angeles CA 90025

Main: (310) 584-2000
News Tips? (310) 584-2025

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices