Recipe from David Galbreath of Frankston, Texas
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 25 min
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Corn Meal ( Yellow or White)
1 teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons Sugar ( Optional )
2 Tablespoons Crisco Veg. Shortening
1 Cup Milk or Water ( Either works )
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Mix all dry ingrerdients together in a bowl using a fork. Cut Shortening into mixture until blended.
3. Add milk and 2 eggs and mix thourghly until smooth.
4. Coat a 9 inch iron skillet with Crisco on the Bottom and sides.
5. Pour mix into Skillet and bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 8 to 10 slices Buttered Hot
Comments: Sugar for the Kids, they love it. Good with Pintos, Chili, Beef Stew, or Soup